Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bonding time with Haela

Haela is really growing to be a charming young lady. She has really been able to bond with Kelly and I lately with her autonomous stage beginning to settle down! I have to admit, the two's were pretty rough and the first part of three was worse but it seems that 3 1/2 is quite enjoyable. Other than teaching her to be gentle with her brother she is getting very good at trying to be obedient (knock on wood!). She has been saying the sweetest little prayers lately. On Friday she had some friends over and they were having a ball playing together. They ate dinner with us and Haela offered the sweetest prayer. In her little voice she said, "we are SO grateful that we could play with you chudder (each other)", and "please bless Leah's ouchie to get all better" (she had pinched her finger in the drawer before dinner). Last night she told me before bed that there was an angel in her room and as she said her prayer before bed she said, "Heav'nly Fadder, thank you for sending the angel to my room." It made me wonder if there really was an angel in the room. I think the veil is much thinner for children. I love my little girl and am grateful that her temperament is getting so much better!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

April said...

it must be her German name! Angels are drawn to here- I can't believe how old she is now- Haela was just a little baby when we lived in Rexburg together. Time is flying by. Charity you look so beautiful...do you ever age?? Do you even have one wrinkle????

The Checks Mix said...

Oh, don't you worry, April, I have plenty of those to go around! I cheated and used that picture from Christmas when my parents were taking care of the kids and I was getting lots of naps! You should see my bags from all the sleep deprivation (you know how that goes it sounds like!) Enoch probably wakes up more now then when he was a newborn due to chronic ear infections. We are up about every hour at night--but I shouldn't complain--it sounds like Julie does the same with her digestive problems. Or is she getting better? Besides, what are you talking about...wrinkles? You look amazing, especially in your swimsuit:)!

April said...

Charity- I don't think I have ever met a better friend. You are Godsend...do you know that? I wish we could be neighbors. Oh...little Enoch! How sad...is he alergic to something? Julia is off and on...I can't read her for the life of me- she still hasn't fallen into a schedule yet- she will sleep all morning or won't sleep at all- up a lot at night- ahhhhh
I will pray that you get sleep tonight...

April said...

oh I don't think you are Godsend because you said I looked good in my swimsuit- I wasn't implying that- but that did cheer me up a little but I was just thinking about how good of a listener you are and how you really care about your friends. You are an amazing person with so many qualities.

shay said...

Haela is a sweetie! We have loved living close and having Madi & Dev play and get to know each other better! We'll miss that!

The Checks Mix said...

April,
What a thoughtful thing to say. That makes me feel SO good! I wish I could give you a big hug! Wouldn't that be great if we could be neighbors! It looks like we will end up in St. Louis within the next 6 months due to a MUCH lower cost of living (same job though). Chay could get a great job in the city, you could buy a brand new house for 150,00 and we could enjoy all the free activities for children in the city (free zoo, science museum, nature reserve, train/animal rides, and many more)! What do you say?
Yeah, my gut instinct is that Enoch is allergic to milk. I have had to supplement a little formula to satisfy him. The problem is he is allergic to soy too so I am debating feeding him rice milk and finding some healthy oils to put in it for his fat. I don't know what to do. I hope you can get Julie figured out. Don't feel bad--Enoch is not on a schedule yet either. Anyway, thank you for your sweet words, April. You are such a great friend. Wish I could see ya more!

Beccarigg said...

I love hearing the sweet things little kids say when they pray! Sounds like Haela is quite "charming" indeed : )

p.s. You look so pretty in that picture, bug ears and all : )

Christi said...

Just wanted to comment and say Hi! I keep up with checking on your blog, but I never make comments, I am a slacker! You still are gorgeous and your kids are so cute! I'm glad that we have this easy way of keeping in touch!!!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I am so glad that things are getting easier! You guys deserve it! She is a doll! So is Enoch, I can't believe how big he is getting!

Mandy said...

Hey Charity - You may not remember me, my name is Mandy Beckstrom (now Voges) but I served in the Murfreesboro Ward for awhile and found your blog on one myfriend's blogs and just had to say "hello"! It looks like your family has grown and is doing wonderfully! Hopefully we can keep in touch. Take care!