Sunday, March 23, 2008

Communication skills

I had to take a trip to Dallas to visit the Ace Hardware Home show a few weeks ago. I booked my flight and rented a car for it and when I showed up in Dallas the guy at the counter tryed to do the usual "For $10 more we can put you in a Chrysler 300." routine. Being frugal I always try and get the cheapest car I can fit in which is the mid range. So he says he has a PT cruiser and I am thinking of my moms PT cruiser, flashy red 4 door and pretty comfortable so I said, OK. Well I walk out to the lot and find this beauty. Yes folks a banana yellow PT convertible. If I wasn't secure in my manhood and a self proclaimed chick flick guy I would have walked back in and asked for the Ford Mustang right next to it. (Yes dad, I would rather drive a Ford than this moving banana split) I happened to get there the one day in the last 80 years that it snowed in Dallas so i didn't even get to use the convertible.




This is what I had been hoping for when I rented the car over the phone. I mean, don't these people understand that when somebody wants to rent a car in sunny Texas they want something with power, I mean come on, it is Texas.











While in Texas I flew the extra hour down to see my bro and his family down in San Antonio. We got to go and see the Alamo. It was pretty neat. Somewhat depressing to think that they all died. I was wondering how they get all the stories from the Alamo though if they all died. Anyway, I missed my flight coming home because the very mean people at Northwest Airlines wouldn't let me on my plane because I was only there a half hour early. I am asking all my fellow bloggers to boycott Northwest. Maybe in some small way we can help them in their gradual decent to bancrupcty like most other airlines. But I'm not bitter. I was really grateful for the extra day in Texas though because I got to go to church with Clint and had a really great day. Thanks bro for putting up with me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

So funny! I love that you are a self proclaimed chick flick guy! We had the Lunds over last weekend and we were watching "Enchanted" and we totally thought of you. It's got to be on your new list of favorites right? ; )

The Checks Mix said...

Enchanted is holding a strong second to Pride and Prejudice. Maybe after I watch it a few more times it will rise but for now it stays insecond, though it did beat out ella enchanted and high school musical. Hilary duff has really fallen off the charts lately.