Monday, April 7, 2008

Testimony of a Prophet

Wasn't conference wonderful?!! I am always SO grateful for conference for how it fills my tank that has been running near empty! Though I didn't get much from the talks on Saturday due to kids running wild and visiting with family (thanks for the excellent room and board, Shay!) I did gain much from Sunday's session and was amazed at the powerful transition of our new prophet receiving the mantle. It was strange after President Hinckley passed away and President Monson was named the new prophet because it didn't really feel like we had a prophet. Maybe it was because I hadn't yet sustained him or because we hadn't really been addressed by him but I just couldn't really feel like he was our prophet. But yesterday, when he spoke for the first time to all the church I was engulfed by the powerful feeling I received while he addressed us. I never thought of the mantle being given at an exact moment but it really seemed that while he spoke he was receiving it. He spoke as he has never spoken before. His words pierced me to the heart and I couldn't help but cling to every word he spoke. There is a powerful change that has taken place in him and I know it is the prophetic mantle that has officially been placed upon him. The spirit witnessed to me in the most powerful way that he truly is our prophet and any sadness I felt for the loss of Pres. Hinckley was filled with joy and peace. I felt happy that Pres. Hinckley can now be with his true-love and that the gospel continues to move forward in the greatest way! I am SO grateful for that witness!

2 comments:

April said...

thank you Charity for the award!!! Maybe I should print it and put in on my desk...

you write so well- thank you for your testimony...we used similiar pictures of the first presidency! love you Charity

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

We loved confrence as well! Congrats on Enoch sleeping better! I can't imagine. . .Brecken only gets up once a night and it has been that way for a couple of weeks now and I still feel sleep deprived half the time. Props to you guys! Your great and we can't wait to see you this summer!