Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Yes, we are all happier now because the sleep deprivation is beginning to subside!! Enoch is now only getting up ONCE a night instead of the once grusome 6-10 times...and he is taking naps on schedule! I am telling you this kid has made MAJOR progress because up until about 4 weeks ago he wouldn't sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time. Why? He was having back-to-back ear infections and in a lot of pain! We tried the natural route and then stooped down to antibiotics--after 4 rounds he still had an ear infection! Solution? We found an amazing lady who specializes in holistic medicine and she found he was sensitive to dairy. I know, some of you may think it is hocus pocus but he is a different kid since we took him off dairy, gave him this great probiotic and drops to boost his immune system. He has not had an ear infection since and we are loving the sleep!!!



Before....trying to cool down his fever.

After....Happy, sleeping great and NO ear infections

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Hey, whatever works!!!!!! Poor kid!

April said...

oh Charity...I hope you sleep...oh precious sleep...I totally believe almost every baby is allergic to dairy. The mainstream is just ridiculous sometimes...sometimes...not always- but I hope you sleep more- I know exactly how you feel- exactly how you feel-

Jen said...

That is great! At least you are already an expert in recipes avoiding dairy! Hopefully this is the solution and you all get lots of sleep!

Heather said...

Hey Charity...go check out my blog, you have an award to pick up :)

Audrey C. =)'s said...

He makes me think of Ian!

Beccarigg said...

Poor baby, and poor mommy!!! Getting up 6 to 10 times at night? Oh my word! I'm getting tired just thinking about that! I'm glad he's feeling better and that you guys figured out what was causing the problem!