Monday, November 4, 2013
Strength and Hairloss
So the doctor told me to plan on my hair to start falling out about 14-17 days after my first infusion. She said as soon as you feel your scalp tingle or itch to shave it. Today is day 14 and my scalp started getting itchy yesterday. I thought it was in my head and still holding to that thin chance that I could be a lucky one and not lose my hair. Tonight I started shedding. No chunks but like 10 strands at a time when I run my fingers through my hair. I started tearing up as reality was sinking in that I will be part of the norm that loses their hair. My sweet husband told me I'll be beautiful no matter what and to think of it like an adventure. He said, "how many women get the chance to just shave their head?" I love how he can make a depressing situation be exciting. So grateful for his positive outlook and cheering me up. I've just got to own this and let it be my mark of strength and courage.
A sweet friend from church was an answer to prayer today. She brought me these socks which reminded me in my weak moment tonight that I AM STRONG and that I CAN do this. I'm so amazed at how the Lord always steps in when I need it most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Kelly is right, you are beautiful no matter what! Just reading this brought tears to my eyes. You are a strong woman and a fighter. You have been blessed so much. You are loved by our Lord, your family and all of your friends. We are here, right by your side. Love and prayers for you.
You will still be beautiful without hair! You're always beautiful!
Girl ... short hair rocks ... I can only imagine what no hair would be like! Get the clippers and get the power! ;-) Praying for you!
Kelly is pretty cool! I'm glad you have each other! You're going to rock the short hair do! I love what Kelly said too! I don't know how many times mom has said she wished she could just shave her head cuz she was sick of doing it!
It's your sparkling eyes and your smile that stand out when people look at you. You should dye it a color you wouldn't normally do, take a picture, then buzz it off.:)We love you!!!
Sorry, you are going through this but I too think you are beautiful inside and out. Still cheering for you always and forever.
Dear Kelly, I saw a link to your blog on Facebook through a friend of a friend. You know how that goes. Anyway, I'm a breast cancer survivor and I wrote about my experience on my blog as well. If it would be helpful to you, you can check it out at vonnierombom@blogspot.com Check out the breast cancer link on the right side and start at the bottom and read forward. My cancer was her2 new positive as well and I received Herceptin for a year, long with the two other chemo drugs Taxotere and Carboplatin. I wish you all the best as you go through this experience. You have a great support system and a lot of faith. I'm LDS too and I'm happy to report that I reached my year mark in July and I'm doing well. You will too. The journey is rough, but you can do it! Wishing you all the best. Yevon
Go for a short haircut first, one you always wanted to try, but never had the guts! You will always look beautiful!!!
Stay strong!
Post a Comment