Doctor, I think you left your ipod in me but I can't find the earphone jack. How's this supposed to work?....
I am still very weirded out by this port but everyone says you will be glad you got it rather than deal with collapsing veins from being poked SO much. I thought it was going to be more like a heplock iv port...where part of it is poking out of the skin. Didn't realize they would enclose it under the skin...so I still have to get poked through the skin but it just won't be nearly the poke you normally get. I've got this discomfort again like when I had the drains--not nearly as bad though. When I arch my head back it kills because I can feel the catheter moving in the artery but it is probably mostly due to the new incision. Everyone says after a few weeks you get used to it. Just hope it isn't driving me too crazy by Monday when I get my first chemo infusion.
I was grateful to be diverted from the discomfort today when my friend Liz (a hairstylist) came over and washed and styled my hair. She was so sweet because she also cut Kelly's hair as well at no charge. People are GOOD!
2 comments:
How interesting -- I was expecting it to be the other kind of IV port also. I hope it's feeling somewhat better today. Good luck tomorrow -- we're praying for you!
Love to you and Kelly and the children,
~ Laura
I just got your message on my blog. Thank you! I'm praying everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow. I promise the port makes everything MUCH easier. You will be so thankful you have it. If you have any questions or want to chat, I would love to help in any way!! kassidimarie@gmail.com or 505-508-8168...call anytime...seriously. You'll do great, rest as much as you can, and if you're nauseous like I was do whatever you possibly can to sooth it. For me it was laying down in the shower with the water running over my back. You're a rock star, keep fighting!!
Post a Comment