

I saw the Savior in MANY faces today. I have been tremendously touched by it and continue to get choked up as I think of all the ways the Lord is manifesting His love and comfort to us through others. It was amazing as today I was physically feeling very ill but spiritually being fed and lifted constantly. This morning I was so drained and feeling I couldn't go in tomorrow for surgery to put the port in for chemo while feeling this way. My regular alternative doctor was not in and I desperately needed a treatment to get me through tomorrow's surgery. I found one that a couple people have mentioned was inexpensive but good and so I got an appointment. A sweet lady from church came over and took care of the kids while my mom drove me to the appt. He gave a wonderful treatment and was SO kind. He asked if my name was on the temple prayer roll and said he wanted to pray for me. He did extra work on me and sent me home with extras and as I pulled out my wallet to pay him (which usually costs triple when it is a new patient visit) he said it was free of charge and that he was going to pray for me. I was about to cry as this man who had never met me before today gave this selfless gift of service. Words couldn't even express my gratitude for his Christlike act of kindness.
Later I looked on facebook and saw I was tagged on Kelly's page with the above picture. Some girls at work had these bracelets made for everyone to wear to show their support for me and my family. Kelly said these girls went around and gave everyone in the office a bracelet to show support and then handed Kelly a large bag full of these bracelets to hand out to friends and family. On Facebook people started commenting saying they wanted some to show their support and would even pay postage to have some sent. When Kelly came home I lost it and through my tears said how amazed I was at the LOVE of others and how they truly are reflecting the Savior;s love through their actions. Then to top it off I came home to a beautiful package filled with homemade hats to wear when I lose my hair. Also included was a little teddy bear with a matching hat to bring to my chemo treatments or squeeze when I'm feeling sick. So many tender mercies today.
Coming soon...another sweet story of the sacrifices made to give our family a fun and diverting photo session :).
3 comments:
Charity
You are such an incredible woman years ago you were MY tender mercy when you were my visiting teacher every night I was so low you always seemed to show up and make me smile. I grew to love you and your sweet family and I think about you every single day I am praying for you my sweet beautiful friend and I would LOVE to have some bracelets sent here I will pay whatever it costs to send! I love you and you are in my prayers!
Love you and your family! Sending hugs and prayers.
Oh Heather, what a tender comment! You have shown so much love and support from adistance and I am so touched. I have fond memories of our time together in Rexburg. You handled your trials like a warrior. I hope I can do the same. Love you! Im so touched by your reaching out in prayer!
Post a Comment