Woo--hoo, Haela went poo! Okay maybe that isn't so appropriate but we are so happy Haela is an expert toilet pooper now! Last week she made it to her twentieth sticker (meaning twenty times pooping IN the toilet) and filled up her chart which earned her a beautiful Barbie princess dress! Now we know she is capable of anything if we can just find the RIGHT incentive. We had many incentives we tried but princess dresses are Haela's weakness and she finally succumbed. We are SO proud of her for accomplishing this goal--and especially proud that we are not having to clean up poopy underwear. I think potty-training is the true test of love and patience for a parent (okay, we'll wait and see what the teenage years bring)! Yes, I admit I did not always pass the test and did, at times think, "Why am I not getting PAID for this!" But OH the inexpressible joy that comes when it finally clicks! I have really noticed Haela blossom since she has worked through this stage. She has a lot more confidence in herself seeing what she can do ALL BY HERSELF!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Haela earned her princess dress!!!
Woo--hoo, Haela went poo! Okay maybe that isn't so appropriate but we are so happy Haela is an expert toilet pooper now! Last week she made it to her twentieth sticker (meaning twenty times pooping IN the toilet) and filled up her chart which earned her a beautiful Barbie princess dress! Now we know she is capable of anything if we can just find the RIGHT incentive. We had many incentives we tried but princess dresses are Haela's weakness and she finally succumbed. We are SO proud of her for accomplishing this goal--and especially proud that we are not having to clean up poopy underwear. I think potty-training is the true test of love and patience for a parent (okay, we'll wait and see what the teenage years bring)! Yes, I admit I did not always pass the test and did, at times think, "Why am I not getting PAID for this!" But OH the inexpressible joy that comes when it finally clicks! I have really noticed Haela blossom since she has worked through this stage. She has a lot more confidence in herself seeing what she can do ALL BY HERSELF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yay Haela! What a big girl! She looks SO happy holding her sticker chart and her princess dress! What a cutie pie!
I'm so not looking forward to toilet training with Teya, but she'll be 2 next month so I know I need to stop putting it off. Hopefully I can find her special motivation so someday we can have a full sticker chart too : )
Just watch to see her most favorite thing she tends to do when playing at other children's houses (because you may not own her most favorite thing--I didn't!). Good luck but don't stress over it too much--that is what I did and it sent Haela the other way! Love ya!
your blog looks so awesome Charity- I love the change- congrats to Haela- what a good idea! I don't think Kenzie would even care if there was a dress as a motive- or anything- she is just way too stubborn- your family is so beautiful.
That is so great! I love the picture with her holding her chart and dress, she looks so proud! What a great accomplishment, (for you both!) Congrats!
That is so cute! Look how proud of herself she is! Her smile says it all. What a sweet family you have Charity! How are you liking Chicago? Your blog is so cute! "It's jist wonderful..."
Lisa
hey i found your blog through Brit we just finished a chart too and as soon as I took it down and we got the prize Emma went back to pooping in her pants, so I put up another chart as long as it is up she will poop in the potty we are one chart #3 and there are a ton more tiny boxes to fill up. or blog is themarktaylorfamiy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment