Sunday, March 23, 2014
No More Fear
It is amazing how the body heals even after being pushed down MANY times! Though I had some good weeks during chemo when I wasn't feeling "sick" I still felt very wiped out most of the time. Right when the body starts to recover and regain some strength it gets knocked down again by another treatment. Though these Herceptin "biotherapy" treatments I am now getting are a bit more than I planned on they are still so much easier than the chemo drugs. I do get achy and very tired which was unexpected but the nice part is it only lasts for a day. I was worried the last time that I might still end up being in the same boat as chemo...sick for a week and then still tired all the time but no...Just one day and then I'm back working out again and getting stronger every day. Every week or so I gain this new found energy that feels amazing! I can work out again after six months of being sedentary! My muscles feel sore and I love it because it means I have the strength to work out again! This road has been a difficult climb but the scenery has been beautiful. The closeness to the Savior, the help of angels on both sides of the veil, and the strength the Lord has given me. I'm not afraid of trials anymore. It used to bring me great anxiety wondering what great trials I would be called to endure but now that I've come to understand more about what the enabling power of the atonement is all about... I'm not afraid. He will not lead you to a trial without giving you the strength you need to endure it. The miracles and blessings flood out all the negative in the end and the journey is worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment