We had a wonderful weekend visiting family in Iowa City for Uncle Spencer's graduation from Dental School (way to go Spencer!). On our way home we stopped in Nauvoo and had such a wonderful time. It was nice to be back where the streets are filled with other saints! Of course we ran into people we know (it happens every time!). Our friends from Chicago were there, some friends of Shayla/Spencer's, and an Elder from our mission! Every time I go I feel just as powerful a feeling as I did the first time. My gratitude and reverence for what the saints went through and what Joseph Smith sacrificed for this gospel is renewed every time. I love this place and it is so nice to be only a few hours away!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Nauvoo
We had a wonderful weekend visiting family in Iowa City for Uncle Spencer's graduation from Dental School (way to go Spencer!). On our way home we stopped in Nauvoo and had such a wonderful time. It was nice to be back where the streets are filled with other saints! Of course we ran into people we know (it happens every time!). Our friends from Chicago were there, some friends of Shayla/Spencer's, and an Elder from our mission! Every time I go I feel just as powerful a feeling as I did the first time. My gratitude and reverence for what the saints went through and what Joseph Smith sacrificed for this gospel is renewed every time. I love this place and it is so nice to be only a few hours away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad you had fun in Nauvoo! It was so good to see you and have you there for Spencer's graduation! We'll miss being having family close by too!
What a cute pioneer family!
haela looks so sweet holding that baby with that grin.
looks like fun.
(We'll be in St.L 4th July weekend!)
ok- you would put the pioneer women to shame if you existed in those times...I just can't imagine someone as pretty as you pushing a hand cart all day-
Charity it is so good to hear from you again. You have a family! Do you ever just look at your husband and kids and think- 'holy crap look at my life'- I still feel like I could be 16 but oh how I am not...and oh how I have children who age me quicker than anything- I think that is why Joette looks so good for her age- she doesn't have children, husbands and money stuff to stress her out- plus she sleeps a lot....
how do I find a good nature path doctor? Do I just look in the phone book?
I hope you don't get the flu.
I love you Charity- I would love to spend time with you somehow-
You guys make a pretty good looking pioneer family! One of these days I really want to get out to Nauvoo, I've heard it's just awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment