Monday, May 31, 2010

We're in St. Louis!

After a 3 day trip to St. louis we finally made and are reunited with Kelly. The house was a giant allergy when we first walked in and I about turned around to drive back to Idaho but we found the source--the air ducts and got them cleaned and sanitized. The guy showed us the filter afterwards and it was over a foot thick of dog hair and cigarette ash. They are now completely clean after being scrubbed, suctioned, and sanitized and we all feel a lot better about living here. I can't believe how green it is! There are a million trees and rolling hills. We love the ward already and can tell they will become our adopted family. We hope we get some visitors!!! Kelly is already turning it into a completely different house.


We stopped at Mt. Rushmore on our way--it was absolutely breathtaking. If you ever get a chance you have got to go--and go through the caves they have around there.


This is a picture of our backyard and deck--though it is very weathered--we love it. Enoch loves to stand on the railing and sing "I am the king of Moroni" (I guess he is trying to be like the angel Moroni on top of the temple)--what a character!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you made it safely! I drove through St. Louis Sunday and thought about you guys! I didn't realize you would have already been there! Bummer... We ended up staying in a motel just outside of St. Louis.

The Checks Mix said...

Oh no! You better call us next time!!! We will save you money!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

How fun! Glad you made it safe and sound!

shay said...

I'm so glad you're loving it there and got the house all ready to live in.

tiki_lady said...

Charity, you do not have your email set up on your blogger account when you leave a comment, it reads no reply! WE LOVE LOVE it where we are at. Our ward takes in parts of Ballwin. WE are in the rockwood 2nd ward! We definitely chose perfectly for our family. WE had heard rockwood 1 had more youth but our youth are growing and my girls have fit in so quickly and well! We truly were guided every step of the way from our job, to location, home and ward. I hope the same will go for you. We live in Wildwood. Love it, and love the schools. my email is flyinhawaiian@bellsouth.net thanks for inquiring, we will have to meet up!

Aileena said...

I've decided three is the magic number. Most of my friends who have kids right now have three. Its the average I think. Was just thinking about that, speaking of-your three are adorable.