Sunday, May 16, 2010

We are MOVING out of state--AGAIN!

It is interesting how things work out. A couple of years ago when Kelly got layed off from his job in Chicago we thought St. Louis was the right place to go--but after trying to make things work several times and a wrench continually getting thrown in those plans we realized the Lord was trying to tell us that wasn't where we were supposed to go. So we packed up our house and moved home--thinking it was temporary. As much as we fought it things fell into place to stay in Idaho. After a year of missing the mission field I decided to change my attitude and "grow where I was planted". Once my perspective changed I started really enjoying myself and liking the idea of staying. Well then a few months ago Kelly's business went from booming to nothing. It was like pulling teeth to get new things to happen. In the meantime his friend in St. Louis was calling him to come partner with him there because he couldn't keep up with all the business by himself. So Kelly decided to try it out for a week and knew right away it would be the best thing to do. Then a guy called to get his bathroom remodeled for his home that wasn't selling and it fell into place for Kelly to make a trade with him to fix up the place to sell in exchange for us living there. We thought the St. Louis door was closed forever but now we realized it was just the timing that was off the first time. We couldn't get anything to work the first time while everything fell into place to come to Idaho while now nothing is working in Idaho while everything falls into place to move to St. Louis! Go figure!

10 comments:

The Peters Family said...

I'm SOOOO Excited about this!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE St. Louis!
We'll see you every time we go there!
Which is at LEAST once a year...we'll be there for a week this fall and we MUST get together!
My brother is in the Ballwin area.

Congrats!

gretchen said...

wow. how exciting.
Steve's brother and his family just moved there a month or so ago.
sounds so neat.
congrats

Jen said...

Very Exciting! We will have to come visit you for sure!!

lisapenn said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so excited. We have got to get together! Love you!

The Peters Family said...

My brother and his family are in the Rockwood II Ward.
I told my sister-in-law (Becky) that y'all will be moving there. She said she would love to show you around! She knows some families in the ward you will be moving to (she's the primary president).
What a small world.

Megs said...

That is exciting and sad all at the same time. We're happy for your family in doing what is right but we'll definitely miss movie and game nights, you all are so wonderful and will be missed!!

Autumn said...

This sounds awesome, Charity! Congratulations on having your family dreams realized at long last!! I can't wait to hear more about it, sweetie. :D

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow! Things change often don't they?
You will do awesome where ever you are. I sometimes wish we could live in the Mission Field.

We'll miss seeing that Checketts truck around. You are awesome people. When do you leave?

Lance and Caetie said...

Hey there! I knew Kelly in high school and he actually stopped by my house in Kansas City. I'm kind of excited to hear the news that I'm living in the same state as one of my buds from high school. We'll have to stop by or something when we go to the temple, and you'll have to come stay with us in K.C. sometime. I think our kids are roughly the same age. Anyway, glad to see everything going well!

Lance

Norma said...

wow, well good luck!