Friday, February 27, 2009

"I'm Prego"

So now that I am three months along and have been to two doctor's visits I feel safe telling everyone that I am pregnant! I am guessing it might be a boy because I have been very sick like I was with Enoch and am back to the no-dairy/no-soy thing again. The weird thing is when I was pregnant with Haela I could eat anything. In fact, it was the first time I could handle drinking a glass of milk! But she has a SEVERE allergy to dairy and many other scary allergies including nuts, eggs, soy, dust, mold, etc. Now Enoch--he is a different story. I could not handle a speck of dairy and was so sick when I was pregnant with him but he only has a very minor allergy to dairy. So do any of you have any guesses as to whether handling dairy in pregnancy could be related to the severity of allergies post-partum?

29 comments:

Mindy said...

Congratulations! No idea about the allergies though.

Brinn said...

Congrats Charity, that's super exciting!

The Robinson's said...

Congratulations!! We're super excited for you. Marc wants to know how it happened! I'm sorry you're not feeling very well but at least its for a good cause!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!

April said...

holy smokes!!!! Was this planned???

Charity I am so excited for you. Three kids??? Are you sure you want three kids??? LOL

oh I wish we could have all the answers. Someday I really want to find out the real truth behind dairy- I just think dairy is funky and I'm not so sure we should drink cow's milk as much as we do-

I try not to drink it very often. But who can honestly turn down a scoop of ice cream?

I am so happy for you Charity. Does this mean it is my turn to get pregnant now???

Weston and William's Blog said...

congratulations!!!

gretchen said...

Wow how exciting!

Unknown said...

This is Angela - your cuz posting on my daughter's account.........Hooray! All I know is all 7 of my pregnancies and children have been VERY VERY different! My one boy pregnancy was the easiest. All the girls have had different issues. My boy had many allergies when he was younger though. He has grown out of most of them. Good luck with that!

mindy said...

Wish I knew about allergies. But, HOLY HECK!! Hooray for your baby!!! Congratulations!

Jennifer and Clay said...

Congratulations! Sorry you've been so sick - I am right there with you!

Beccarigg said...

Congrats Charity! Babies are the best! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

W.W. said...

We are so happy for you! Three is crazy but fun:-)

Norma said...

Yay! Congrats. I hope everything goes well and that this baby is allergy free!

Jen said...

Congrats! Very exciting news! Sorry you are sick. I wish I had some answers for you.

lisapenn said...

I wish that I had answers for you too on the allergies. I am still trying to get used to Abigail'a allergies. I did nothing diff. with her when I was pregnant. I always just say she has to be the ornery one since she is the only girl. I am SO EXCITED for you. I wish we were closer though. : (
If you are ever this way...
WE LOVE YOU!

Autumn said...

How wonderful!!! I am so excited for you, Charity!!!! Judging by your first two, this new baby is bound to break all previously held awards for cuteness.

As far as the allergies and pregnancies go, I am no help whatsoever, but I sure wish you well with both. Love you sweetheart!!

Paula-Adam said...

That's awesome!!! I did hear that a while ago but didn't wanna say anything before you annouced it. Congrats!!!

Mandy said...

Yay! Congratulations Charity! When is your baby due? Our first is due in August, it is so exciting. I'm sorry you've been so sick, I know (now first hand) how awful that is. Ugh. People keep telling me it gets better though. I'm so happy for you! what an exciting time for you and your family!

Lisa said...

congrats !!!! I hope it goes well for you:)

Heather said...

Sorry Charity, I'm a little behind but congratulations! :) We miss you!

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

congrats charity!

Happy Wanderers said...

Congratulations! Did you know about it the last time I saw you (when you were 'exploring' at the college)? You looked SO tired and I wondered if it was just that you had a rough day or something else... :) That's exciting! Kids just get more and more fun! I always had LOTS of food aversions during pregnancy, but found that if I didn't eat any dairy at all during pregnancy (and after) I was able to avoid the allergies. Josh has terrible milk and egg allergies (not as bad as your girlie's), Claire's aren't so bad, and Andrew has none. I'm hoping Peter doesn't have any either, because I'm avoiding things like dairy and tomatoes (another big allergy starter in our house) like the plague.
I hope you feel better soon!!

Kristy Morgan said...

CONGRATULATIONS CHARITY!!! love you!!! -Kristy

Kristy Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy Morgan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Love you and miss you guys! -Kristy

Kristy Morgan said...

sorry i left so many comments i'm still learning about this thing lol

Aileena said...

Another one! Awesome. Good luck-and prep yourself because the third is always very challenging. That's really strange about the allergy thing. I wonder what causes it.

Jessica Mangelson said...

Yeah - A new baby what fun!!
We miss you in Chicago...
Come back!
-Jessica Mangelson

Jennifer M. said...

Congrats! What exciting news. :) I don't have any advice either. We miss your sweet family, but I'm sure you're loving being back in ID and close to family. It's hard to believe how big your kids are. My sister Jo-Ann is at BYU-I and loving it! :)