Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Anniversary upset and blessing!

I have to post this because to show how grateful I am for little miracles...



We just celebrated our 7th anniversary and had a wonderful anniversary get-a-way to a theme suite that we won when Kelly called into the radio to nominate me for time-out-Tuesday (you nominate someone you feel is overly stressed to take a "time-out" and recoup). We were so excited but just before we left I noticed my ring was missing from my night stand--I even hid it behind the lamp so the kids wouldn't notice it! Haela said she didn't play with it so then we knew Enoch was the culprit! We tore the house (and the dorm lounge that is connected to our house) apart but to my dismay we could not find it ANYWHERE! So we left for our anniversary celebration empty-handed. I tried to not think about it and just have fun--and we did. But when we came home we tore the house and lounge apart again and still...NO RING! The cost wasn't making me as sick as the sentimentality of it..it is my WEDDING RING! So we continued to say prayers to help us find it--and I was beginning to lose hope as I looked in the littelist nooks and cranny's and could not find any sign of it. Then today one of the dorm girls came in the lounge with her brother that was visiting. They picked out a movie to watch and then moved the couches closer to the TV. Then...the brother stopped and said, "there is a ring on the floor"! At that moment I knew it was mine--but it didn't make sense...we moved those couches and dug through the cushions MANY times! But this boy said it was caught on the torn lining and then just came lose the further he moved the couch. I could have kissed this boy--but knew it wouldn't be appropriate so I gave him candy instead and told him he just made my LIFE! I couldn't stop jumping in excitement! I am SO happy the Lord blessed me with a little miracle today and I have my wedding ring back! April--I hope yours ends up on your doorstep some day!

10 comments:

Audrey C. =)'s said...

Hope you had a great anniversary despite loosing your ring! I thought I lost mine at the grocery store one day and even had the people at the store looking for it. Then I called Clint and he told me it was at home. I was so relieved. Love you tons, Charity! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Megs said...

Wow, that's so scary and so wonderful all at the same time!! Isn't it wonderful how the Lord blesses us in so many ways!!!

shay said...

I'm so glad you found it!!

Norma said...

I'm glad you found your ring! I know I've gone crazy the times I thought it was "missing" usually it's in my pocket!

Mindy said...

That is so scary. I'm glad your prayers were answered though. Whew!

April said...

um...ok your story sucks.


Just kidding. I am so happy for you. It is the worst feeling in the world to lose your wedding ring. I think about mine everyday and wonder who in the heck is wearing it right now.

Happy Anniversary Charity. I love you so much. I miss you. I need to make a trip to Rexburg someday soon.

Beccarigg said...

I'm so happy you found your ring! I've totally been there and it's the sickest worst feeling in the world. Like you said, it's not about the cost, it's the sentiment. When I lost my ring I bawled and bawled, and when I got it back I was the happiest person in the world! So yes, I know how bad and good you must have felt after all that!
p.s. Happy Anniversary!

Aileena said...

So glad you found it. I know that feeling. I had my original ring stolen. And I've lost my second edition, a few times. I am always so grateful when I find it again.

Christi said...

I would be so upset, too! I am glad that you found it-I might have kissed the kid!

gretchen said...

Wow...thank goodness it was found. Amazing!