Friday, July 18, 2008

Checketts Family Reunion





Hey everyone! I know, we dropped off the face of the earth for awhile. But we have a good excuse! Kelly was laid off due to budget cuts and at the last minute we had a strong feeling we needed to move back west. So we packed up our house and drove out to Idaho to make the family reunion and move in with family until things get figured out. It is a long story that I will get into further detail later. But what is important is we know we are in the right place (despite the fact that we had decided to never MOVE back home!). We had a fun time with Kelly's family for a full week. Everyone was there! We all gained a few pounds from the endless treats and food but we all had smiles on our faces!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like fun! Family reunions are the best!

We miss you guys!!!

April said...

I am so excited you have come back west...it was so good to talk to you the other day even though it was through lousy instant messenger. Charity I seriously hope we will always be close friends...I feel like we are neighbors or something...Chicago seemed so freaking far away-

mindy said...

WOWZERS!

Call and tell all, friend!

The Peters Family said...

Can Enoch really be walking?!?!
We miss y'all!

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Oh Charity! I am sorry about his job. Thankfully, you guys seem to know what to do. Good luck with that. Sure do miss ya'll here in the south!

Mandy said...

Sorry about the job, but you never know what great new opportunities this move will bring! I hope you enjoy being close to family and friends for awhile! You look fantastic and your kiddos are adorable too!

Beccarigg said...

Wow! What a crazy year it's been for you guys with all those moves! I'm sorry to hear about Kelly's job. Sounds like you guys are doing well though. Keep us updated on the job search and enjoy being close to family! I'm totally jealous!

Jen said...

Loved looking at all the pictures!

After the sweet things you commented on my blog and reminding me of the fun memories we have... ya know, there are lots of jobs out here for Kelly looking for people with his degree! ;-) Good luck finding a job! Life has a funny way of throwing us those curve balls, huh?!

Aileena said...

There are things I loved about both places. As far as easy to live, living next to Seoul has made life super easy. But japanese is easier to learn. Anything specific your parents want to know?

Kristi said...

Sorry to hear about the job cut. Good luck with all of what the future holds for your sweet family!