I can hardly believe a year has gone by since my little baby Enoch was born. It is amazing how much more life speeds up when you have another child. I really cannot see where the time has gone! A year ago today I was wondering if I might have to deliver him at home since my labor started while Kelly was at the Father-and-sons campout with no cell-phone reception, and my car battery was dead. When my contractions got to three minutes apart I decided to call the relief society president (thanks for your help, Kim!) and chance that she might be awake in the middle of the night! She tracked down her husband who was at the campout. Kelly says all he remembers was being in a deep sleep and waking up to a pounding on his tent with voices saying, "hurry home, your wife is having a baby!" He was still somewhat delirious when he got home but he made it! Our beautiful baby boy was born a few hours later--in the hospital--at 6:01 am. He weighed in at 9 lbs even and 21.5 inches long. He has brought us SO much joy with his sweet, cheerful disposition. I can't imagine life without him! We love you Enoch! Happy 1st Birthday!


8 comments:
What a great story! I'm glad you made it to the hospital. :) What a cute baby too...well, little boy now--happy birthday!
You look great after just having a baby in that picture! Hard to believe a year has passed!!
Thanks Jen! Don't think I didn't do a little doctoring up though!
What a crazy story! I totally would've been freaking out! I'm glad Kelly made it back in time!
Wow! Can't believe that was a year ago! I remember the first time I met you guys was at a ward picnic at Barfield park. Enoch was like 2 weeks old and I just remember thinking, "Wow, that girl looks amazing for having just had a baby!"
Happy Birthday Enoch! We hope you had a great one! Can't wait to see you (and the fam) in a couple of weeks!
has it really been a year?!
Happy Birthday Enoch! I agree time flies way too fast! He is getting so big! You have beautiful children! We miss you guys!
I can't believe it either! I also can't believe how great you look right after having him, I'm gonna try making some of my right after pics black and white, maybe that will help. . .
Can't wait to see you all soon!
Post a Comment